Hey, Don't forget about ....
Swing Dancing - 11/26/08 - Wednesday
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Swing dance lessons with Paul Hoke, 7-8 pm; dancing 8-10 pm.
$5 (Zoot suit optional)
This is the great dance for those who have 2 Left feet! but are ready to see what this "Swing thing" is all about.
Songs with a pronounced rhythm are chosen and many of the songs played will be readily recognized from movies, cartoons and commercials.
Dances and lessons are open to all ages. We rotate during the lesson so feel free to come solo or with a couple of friends and we will take care of getting you a partner or two for the lesson. Even if you know how to dance the lesson is a great way to meet others and help them pick up the material quicker. This is a laid back fun evening so feel free to come dressed comfortable.
Find out more about Upstate Swing.
Shane Pruitt Band and friends - 11/28/08 - Friday
8:30 pm - 11:00 pm
An Evening withThe Shane Pruitt Band and friends
Shane, Bill and Jim take to the Showroom stage with holiday guests including the Barrel House Mamas, Jeff Holland, Gregory Hodges, Mac McCloud and more for this special day after Thanksgiving show.
With its raw, refined, explorative, and expressive brand of blues, the Shane Pruitt Band has quickly become one of the most recognized and popular bands in the area. Since its emergence on the regional music scene, the Shane Pruitt Band has opened for numerous National Acts, headlined several local blues festivals, and received a lot of support from local media outlets.
Shane Pruitt (guitar/vocals) has been playing the southeast for 15 years, despite his young age. He has played in numerous bands and has opened shows for or played with artists such as Johnny Winter, Junior Brown, Coco Montoya, Porter, Batiste and Stoltz and many others. Shane's guitar style evokes the intensity of Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, Freddie King and Duane Allman. Jim Peterman (organ/vocals) was an original member of the Steve Miller Band back in 1967. He played on their first two albums, before pursuing other career goals. He spent many years playing organ with gospel groups, which contributes to his soulful, church-like playing. It is a great compliment to Shane's soulful, heartfelt guitar playing. Bill Fletcher (drums/vocals) rounds out the band's sound with an old school style that harkens back to the in-the-pocket playing of drummers like Roger Hawkins and Al Jackson, Jr. Bill has spent many years playing in the southeast with various blues and soul bands, including Cocktail Frank and with blues singer Robin Rogers.
Visit the Shane Pruitt Band myspace for music and more.
- www.arthousegallery.us – Artist Neil Medlin
- www.heriloombirdhouses.net – Donna McGuffin
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Roberta Littlejohn – YOUniquely Yours
- email@example.com – Andrew F. Rickis – Author
- www.brandidice.com – Artist Brandi Dice
- www.myspace.com/aarontroski - Aaron Troski - Custom Art
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Photographer Thomas Koenig
- Whimsys@hushmail.com – Dot & Carrie J. Long – Custom Made Jewelry
- www.youngheartart.com – Artist Leslie Lehman
- www.arlissagreen.com – Artist/Sculptress Arlissa Green
- www.melissaearley.com – Artist Melissa Earley
- www.ashleyholt.com – Artist Ashley Holt
- www.myspace.com/mylittlebirdsandmonsters - Artist Scott Deskins
- www.littlebittydesigns.com – Artist Christina Ramsey – Handmade Jewelry
- www.rachelhwhiteart.com – Artist Rachel H. White
- www.kgmcabee.net – Author K. Gail McAbee
- www.kindercarolina.org * ROOT Magazine Online Edition
- www.trinitytattoocompany.com * Christian Owned
- www.gspreservation.org * Event on Dec 6 2008 Get your tickets NOW